Brochure and Application Form 2014

Both the general information brochure and application form for the 2014 session of the 11-Week English Language Programme have been released and are now accessible at the following links. Alternatively, you can find them under the ‘Programme’ tab in the menu above.

The application form is computer-fillable. Simply open the PDF and you should be able to select the appropriate boxes to fill before printing.

DEADLINE: Please note that completed 2014 Application Forms and supporting documents must reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Brunei Darussalam by 30th April, 2014.

16 Comments

1. Profile photo of Duc An Nguyen
    March 11, 2014, 5:52 pm   /  Report user

The application file cannot save our data filled into the form. Can I print it out and fill by hand?

• Profile photo of Chester Keasberry
      March 27, 2014, 2:24 pm   /

Yes, that’s fine. Just make sure it’s written clearly so no miscommunications happen. Good luck!

2. Profile photo of Nguyen thi yen
    April 2, 2014, 5:41 am   /  Report user

How can I register online?

3. Profile photo of Phyo Nge Thinn Lwin
    April 4, 2014, 10:09 pm   /  Report user

If the English proficiency level is over 5.5, can the applicant have the chance to apply for Course II: Professional Communication for Officers and Diplomats?

• Profile photo of Chester Keasberry
      April 5, 2014, 10:48 am   /

Yes, that’s not a problem. The requirement for Course II is “at least intermediate level (equivalent to IELTS 4.5 – 5.5 or TOEFL iBT score 55)”. If you have over 5.5, that’s even better!

4. Profile photo of Jirawadt / Siri-Aree
    April 8, 2014, 9:35 pm   /  Report user

Hello, I’m from Thailand. I have not recently taken any TOEFL or any English proficiency tests but I just earned TEFL/TESOL certificate last year. Can I apply for the course? Thank you.

• Profile photo of Chester Keasberry
      April 11, 2014, 10:36 am   /

If you were to apply, we would normally check if the certification you earned is equivalent to the minimum IELTS / TOEFL scores required to join the 11-week programme. So we have to find out more about the TEFL / TESOL certificate you have.

5. Profile photo of Hong Quang Le
    April 16, 2014, 10:01 pm   /  Report user

Are those who work as translators for local government’s newspapers eligible to apply for the programme? Thank you!

• Profile photo of Chester Keasberry
      April 23, 2014, 3:29 pm   /

I think it should be fine as long as you have results from one of the English Proficiency tests listed in the General Information Brochure.

6. Profile photo of Nguyen thi yen
    April 22, 2014, 2:24 pm   /  Report user

I have applied my applycation to school. when will I receive your reply?

• Profile photo of Chester Keasberry
      April 23, 2014, 3:28 pm   /

Hello! According to the General Information Brochure:
      “All applicants are required to complete the attached 2014 Application Form and submit it with complete supporting documents via applicant’s ministry to the in-country Brunei Mission.”

Is this what you or your organization did?

• Profile photo of Nguyen thi yen
        July 29, 2014, 6:08 pm   /  Report user

Hello. I applied the 2014 Application Form via Ministry of Foreign Affair in April. May I know when I shall receive the program’s reply? I’m looking foward to hearing from you.
        Thank you very much for your infomation!

• Profile photo of Chester Keasberry
          August 7, 2014, 4:46 pm   /

I’m sorry, but I don’t have that information. I’m sure if your application is approved, you will contacted soon. Good luck!

7. Profile photo of Phyo Nge Thinn Lwin
    May 15, 2014, 8:55 pm   /  Report user

Yes … I also have submitted my application form according to the General Information Brochure. May I know when I shall receive your reply! Thank you very much for your information.

• Profile photo of Chester Keasberry
      August 7, 2014, 4:47 pm   /

Sorry, but I don’t have that info. I’m sure you will be contacted soon if your application is approved.